Friday, April 5, 2013

Radical Red

So, the day has come and gone.  St. Patrick's day in Utah was fun, though I still thin my last two in Vermont and Costa Rica top it.  However, this was my first St. Patrick's where I got to drink my own homebrew!

Radical Red, as I am calling it, is a dry-hopped red ale that with prominent, crisp, floral hop flavor and a malty to sweet back.  It's a red pale ale if you wish.  I tried it alongside a Hop Head Red from Green Flash not long ago, to see how mine compares.  Of course, Hop Head Red is a red IPA and was therefore much hoppier than mine.  Overall, I would say mine is more akin to a red than the HHR, but again, it's a red pale ale.

Overall, I think this beer is rivaling C.P.P.A. for my favorite beer I've brewed.  The Vanilla Nut Brown comes in a close third.  I received a few comments back on the VNB, and many of them commented on the low carbination of the beer.  I have rectified that situation here in Radical Red.  I used brown sugar rather than table sugar and it turned out quite well, there are no under carb issues in this one!  I will wait to see how this one ages before I decide if I will entire this batch of Radical Red in the Beehive Brewoff, or brew again before August.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment