Tuesday, January 8, 2013

C.P.P.A. Bue Ribbon Winner, Eat Your Heart Out Pabst







So, it's clearly been a while since I have last posted anything on this blog.  I have found myself overwhelmingly busy working my new full-time job, working in film and photography, and most exiting, lots and lots of traveling.  Anyway, more on all of those things to come.

For now, I want to focus on a bit of old news.  Back in August of 2012 I entered my second beer C.P.P.A. into my first homebrew competition, and it took first place in it's category!  The competition was open to anyone interested, but attracted mostly entries from Utah, Nevada and California (I believe) and had over 500 entries.

I was extatic to learn my beer was not only delicious according to me and my friends, but apparently so does the beer community of Salt Lake City.  Th head brewer of Red rock brewing was one of the judges on my beer, and he gave it many positive accolades.

A quick note about the name, C.P.P.A. as the beer is technically a Jalpeno Pale Ale.  It is named after the department where I earned my Master's degree, the Center for Public policy and Administration, or CPPA, for short.  However, the acronym also easily stands for Chilli Pepper Pale Ale, as such I named my beer C.P.P.A.!

Unfortunately this was so long ago and I am so behind, I only have about six of these left, hot commodities now.  This is however, one of those rare instances where I am proud enough of what I create I want to share it with others, so i probably ont hoard them all to myself.  i am also saving three for entry into a homebrew competition in my home state of Vermont, hopefully they;ll hold up till then.

Well, the next few days will hopefully be filled with a bunch of new posts in trying to catch up to date.  Hopefully I will be ready and up to date by the time I rejoin the Sunadnace Film Festival up in park City in two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment